Poochie’s Park is seeking an experienced groomer to groom Full Time here inside our pet spa. We have a luxurious 10,000 square foot indoor facility with a Pet Clinic attached on 8 acres of dog paradise that includes a community private dog park.
We have a large and established customer base and our groomers are busy every day. You will earn 50% commission on the majority of services you perform, and our front desk receptionists will make all of your appointments and handle billing.
Responsibilities include the following: other duties may be assigned:
- Provide professional quality “Full Grooms” or “Deshedding Treatments” to any and every kind of dog breed to the customers specifications or to breed standards.
- Bathe, rinse, brush, trim and blow dry dogs.
- Nail trims or Dremel tool filing.
- Other pet salon type of services or add-ons as requested by the customer.
- Provide some customer service in the form of consultations and explanation of services available/rendered with explanation of costs.
- Clean and maintain the grooming room, bathing room and equipment.
- A minimum of one year of grooming experience and/or grooming training; or a combination of both. Vocational/Technical certificate in grooming is preferred but not mandatory.
- Ability to follow a daily grooming schedule and use time management to complete the grooms and other services in the appropriate order and on time as scheduled without any supervision.
- Personal and reliable transportation.
- Must be available to work weekends.
- Bring your dog to work!
- Paid Vacation Days (PTO)
- Health Expense Reimbursement Plan: for Health, Dental, Vision and more! (after 90 days)
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan Matching 3% of Salary (after 2 years)
- Competitive Pay Rates with Raises every 6 months
- End of the Year Bonuses
- $150 per year for Veterinary Care for your dog
- Time and a Half Pay on Holidays
- Team Tip Sharing weekly (average is over 50 cents added to hourly pay)
- Payroll Cashout Program for Emergency Funds
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Free Dog Park Membership
- Heavily Discounted Daycare and Boarding
- Family Discounts
- Birthday Gifts & Employee of the Month Recognition
- Company Trips & Monthly Park Parties with free food
- A Friendly and Fair Work Environment
Our facility is very nice with a big lounge/lobby. We have the best customers (dogs and people). If you’re a professional groomer with attention to detail, love dogs, have a positive attitude and friendly personality then this is your place to work with people that are just like you!
Salary: Commission Pay + Tips
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $25.00 per hour average