Do you have a couple years of professional experience in the dog daycare/boarding/dog training/veterinary fields? With that experience, can you say that you unconditionally LOVE dogs, and you also UNDERSTAND them? Do you love the outdoors and prefer a physical outdoor-indoor kind of job vs. being inside all day? Can you also be a LEADER of a team of 5 to 7 like-minded people? If this sounds like you and you’re ready for a new adventure, then we want you to apply to be a Guide or Supervisor at Poochie’s Park!
The most important thing besides your dog skills and people skills is your positive attitude. We have a very friendly and supportive management team here.
Please read the following and apply only if you are qualified. When applying, please write us a short paragraph explaining why you would be a good candidate for this job and attach your resume.
- Provide leadership by supervising and coordinating the daily kennel operations and staff.
- Ensure the welfare and well-being of every dog.
- Ensure that the kennel staff is following the company rules and good conduct standards.
- Ensure the kennel cleaning procedures and safety protocols are always followed-no exceptions.
- Monitor and attend to the health care needs for each dog.
- Create and communicate a “Daily Plan” before the start of every shift. This plan will take into consideration the tailored needs and goals for each day
- Assign positions to team members that play to their individual strengths.
Requirements and Qualifications
- A minimum of 40 hours per week will be required.
- Drivers License and your own reliable transportation.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of experience in a supervisor or management position in any field and at least 1 year working in a kennel, veterinary or dog handling field.
- Computer competency for utilizing internet software
- Ability to manage kennel/dog master staff
- Knowledge of dog health and the ability to immediately recognize a medical or risk situation
- Flexibility and reliability (weekend and holiday work required)
- Ability to handle a fast paced, physical work environment for long 12 hour shifts.
- Organize and problem solve while keeping calm and patient in a sometimes-loud environment.
- Emotionally stable with a sympathetic understanding and patience for other people.
- Extreme patience and kindness for dogs even when they are being unruly and uncooperative.
- Ability to walk, run, lift, carry, scrub, move, restrain, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, good eyesight with depth perception, good or correctable hearing. No allergies to dogs or cleaning solutions.
Job Type: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Job Pay: $13.50 – $16 per hour (depending on experience)
- Bring your dog to work!
- Paid Vacation Days (PTO)
- Health Expense Reimbursement Plan: for Health, Dental, Vision and more! (after 90 days)
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan Matching 3% of Salary (after 2 years)
- Competitive Pay Rates with Raises every 6 months
- End of the Year Bonuses
- $150 per year for Veterinary Care for your dog
- Time and a Half Pay on Holidays
- Team Tip Sharing weekly (average is over 50 cents added to hourly pay)
- Payroll Cashout Program for Emergency Funds
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Free Dog Park Membership
- Heavily Discounted Daycare and Boarding
- Family Discounts
- Birthday Gifts & Employee of the Month Recognition
- Company Trips & Monthly Park Parties with free food
- A Friendly and Fair Work Environment